picked up a pre fender henry the 8x8 cab today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jcphockey16, Dec 28, 2007.

1. just got a pre-fender henry the 8x8 cab today and now i need to find a head...what do you guys think?

2. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    My bud has one, and he uses an Eden WT-550. His sound kills! Playing an Alembic Elan 5 with nice technique through it doesn't hurt either. :D

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  4. Well my favortie sound was out of a older redface swr that didnt have enough power but other than that its probably a GK 700 rbII

5. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
  6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I've never gigged any GK's, but If you liked that old redface's tone, you might check out the very similar but more powerful Bass-750 model.
    http://www.google.com/custom?domain...;S:http://www.talkbass.com;LP:1;FORID:1&hl=en

Older high-quality SWR gear like this seems to be selling at bargain prices on the used market...
    (I was only able to get $500 for my near-mint Bass-750, and $300 for my old (burgundy-face) Bassic 350 models I recently sold)

7. i'm gonna try playing it through an SWR 350x to see how it sounds i think i may be able to pick one of those up for a decent price

8. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    That'll prolly work out fine if your bands not exsesivly loud. Good deals seem to be somewhere in the $300-$400 range on this model, but keep in mind that its gonna be the exact same power rating as that "older redface swr that didnt have enough power " you mentioned before...
    If you happen to stumble across a used Bass-750 (non-X model) for just a few bucks more, I think both you (and your cab) might end up liking this model allot better. I sure did anyways.

9. yeah my neighbor has a 350x through a 210 and 115 SWR cab and it was pretty loud so i'm gonna ask him to play through it to see how it is on mine.

i'm also considering an ashdown MAG 600.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021