1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Picked up a project bass today (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by M@ddest_H@tter!, Apr 10, 2009.

1. A friend of mine asked me if I wanted this bass for a project, so I asked him how much....$100.00.....SCORE!!!!!!!!

80's Fender Jazz Bass Body
    Pedulla Rapture Neck (for some reason the name was sanded off, could be a fake..it's all whatever)

So my plans are as follows, get some Baselines pups, a Warmoth neck (birds eye maple/pau ferro blocked and bound)

My only issue is the control plate....I think its just an elongated jazz bass control plate...please correct me if I am wrong. I would like to throw an Audere JZ3 in it, but I'm not sure it will fit.

I won't be able to start working on this bass until my family and I get to Japan:bawl: because the movers are coming on monday...

IMG_1600. IMG_1601. IMG_1602. IMG_1603. IMG_1604.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That route and the burst don't look "Fender" to me. I think you got a "Lotus" Jazz Bass copy that has been gutted. Still a fun project.

2667_1.

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Not trying to burst your bubble but yes it is a lotus neck like what he said^

The cut and truss cover gives it away

Also look at the bridge fenders hace 5 mounting holes not the extra two towards the front

my friend has a lotus p the necks and bridge are identical

4. well no biggie...any ideas on where to get a control plate to fit it?

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Just a guess, but I would think that any of the cheaper imported plates offered on Ebay would probably work ok. If they didn't, at least you'd only be out a few bucks.