Picked up Bergantino H212- Rig Questions/Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by m2466d, Sep 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. m2466d

m2466d

Dec 4, 2008
    Illinois
    I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to buy a Bergantino Ht-212 at a reasonable price and I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts about a rig(s) I'm thinking of putting together. I own 2 preamps: a Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver and a Fender TBP-1, I am going to choose 1 and sell the other. Right now I am definitely leaning toward the Sansamp.
    Here are my thoughts/questions: I would like to put together a small and larger rig using the same preamp and power amp with the 2 cabs I have. 1 is a small light 1x12, 200 watt, 8 ohm cab and the other is the Bergantino which is a 700 watts, 4 ohm cab. I have a QSC Plx 1802 power amp which is 320 watts at 8 ohms and 575 watts at 4ohms. So it seems a pretty good match for the Bergantino but a little overpowered for my smaller 8 ohm cab. Plus I would love to use a Lightweight power amp-the QSC is about 28lbs. i was thinking about getting a Stewart 1.2 power amp, 11 lbs, which is 200 watts at 8 ohms and only 350 at 4 ohms but 1000 watts at 4 ohms bridged...so is that too much for the Bergantino? I keep reading that the Bergantino H212s love power, does that mean they can handle more watts than what they're rated for? Thanks for all opinions and thoughts.

2. The short answer is no it's not too much power if you use your ears. Start by reading the sticky at the top of the Amps and Cabs forum titled " OHMS all sized rigs-Overpowering under powering cabs" I sure you'll love the Berg cab everything JB makes is another flavor of great.

m2466d likes this.
  3. m2466d

m2466d

Dec 4, 2008
    Illinois
    Thanks for recommending that thread, that whole section of frequently asked questions is awesome.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021