Picked up my SR905 today, shes a beaut!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jbasso, Mar 5, 2006.

1. jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    The marks on the electronics cover are there because the little protective film was never removed, so the scratches are on that :)

Let me know what you think!

Also, are there any tutorials on getting different sounds out of the bass? I am coming from a simple tone/volume control bass, and now have all of these options, but no clue what to do to get different tones. Any help is appreciated, thanks a ton!
  2. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    that's sweet! i like the look of the SR series.

just twist the knobs for different sounds... :) .
  3. My wife just called it a "pretty bass!" I agree!
  4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Definitely not my cup of tea (tone & neck are not for me), but sure looks great. Congrats !

5. RoMeRz

Feb 13, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    That looks awesome.

Never been keen on ibanez basses but that thing is a beaut !
  6. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    interesting maple wings.Are they very flamed at diferent angles?
  7. nice bass man, i loved the curved back. Is it comfortable?
  8. T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    Nice looking bass.

IME, Ibanez manufactures good products at reasonable prices.

9. jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    I find it amazingly comfortable, the whole feel is great. Im a big fan of the neck, its so comfy to play. I just need to mess around with the knobs to get the tone Im looking for.
  10. jhfva

May 2, 2004
    Roanoke, VA
    I love the feel of my 905. The sound is great.
  11. RoVaughn

Oct 8, 2005
    If anybody has seen Dave Chaplle's block party you get to hear that bass quite a bit as it was played by the roots' other bass played. I think is name is adam black. Im not a fan of Ibanez, but that is a nice looking bass and it sounded good in the movie.
  12. I love Ibanez gear, congratulations on the SR905!
  13. jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    Interesting, thats pretty cool! I will need to check that out.

For you guys who moved from a four to a fiver, are there any exercises you recommend to get use out of the low B? I will be honest and say I suck pretty bad at improv jamming, so I need songs to play, lol. Any smooth, easy/intermediate songs that use the low B that you recommend?

Anyways... Thanks for the comments, I love it too, I am very glad I purchased it. Amazing instrument for $560 (thats including the case, not sure how much that is worth)