Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickguard advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coffee-sipper, Feb 2, 2004.

1. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    I'm married and now longer able to choose coordinating items. Just kidding, since I got left behind on the clearance of the new bass I wanted, I need to pass some GAS with a new pickguard. Here are my options-

2. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    Here is the other option and the original pickguard.

3. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Am I the only person who can't see the "Attached Thumbnails" in the area provided? I see no pics of pickguards, no thumbnails, no nuthin. :(

4. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I like the one that is silver

5. i like the black one

6. appler

appler Guest

My vote goes to the second attached image in your first post. Cool, man.

7. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Out of those 4, I'd definitely stay with your original black pickguard. It looks more classy than the others, IMO.

8. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    Here is the original bass.
    [​IMG]

I kept the original pickguard (I couldn't afford a custom jobber and I don't have the time to do it myself). I just added knobs, pickguard screws, and a jazz bass style string guide.

[​IMG]

I think I have cured my extra bass desires for the time being. I need to practice anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions on keeping the black pickguard.

9. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    I like the Black PG best, too.

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Black.

11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If the hardware was chrome instead of gold then those tortises may work. As it is, the black looks better IMO.

12. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    This is how I am going to leave it. The knobs, screws, and string guide gave me the effect I was looking for. The problem I was having with the black pickguard was finger prints. But now I have come to the conclusion that I don't really have the time or money to do anything about it! I just need to practice more.
    [​IMG]