1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pickguard fitment

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sidthakid, Aug 14, 2007.

1. sidthakid

sidthakid

Aug 14, 2007
  2. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius

Aug 14, 2006
    St. Louis
    I don't think it will. I think you need a 10 hole pickuard. I could be wrong though.

3. No guarantees, but you can use the eBay photo to visually compare the location of each screw with your existing bass. If they all appear to line up, you may be in luck.

I'll admit that I don't have a lot of experience with replacing pickguards, but I recently ordered a replacement pickguard for my lefty Mexican J-bass from WDMusic.com, and it didn't fit correctly -- a couple of the screw holes were in VERY different places, and the fit otherwise seems ever-so-slightly off. I also talked with a guy at AllParts.com, and he told me that it's often a challenge to find replacement pickguards for Mexican Fenders.

I'm going to give the new pickguard to my tech guy to see what he can do with it. I'm not likely to ever sell the bass, so I don't mind him drilling a couple new screw holes, but you may think otherwise.