Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickguard for '97 Fender Jazz Deluxe 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JJBluegrasser, Nov 9, 2004.

1. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Hi All,
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me something about the shape of my Fender Jazz. It's a 1997 model, 4 string, with the active electronics. The problem I'm having is that I was trying to get another pickguard for it (vanity, pure and simple) and I realized that this bass isn't shaped like every other Jazz bass I've ever seen. The body is not as long, and a standard Jazz pickguard doesn't fit. I like it a lot, but it's weird that it's not shaped right. Were these basses made differently? Why? It's sort of a pain.

Also, does anyone know where I could get a pickguard that fits it?

Thanks,
    Jason

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The Mia dlx jazzbass has a smaller body than the Passive jazz. The body is smaller because the neck is longer (22 frets instead of 20) It's going to be hard to find a pickguard for that bass (I have a 98).

3. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Oh, so this is true of all MIA Deluxe jazz basses? Very interesting... Thanks for clueing me in!

Jason

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  5. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i knew when i looked at the fender deluxe jazz basses that there was something different about them. i couldnt tell what and it has been driving me crazy!