1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickguard for Metallic Blue Squier?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minger, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    [​IMG]

My friend and I are considering pickguard options for his bass - he's recently ordered a black 'guard, so we figured we could mess with his original white one. Unfortunately, not many colors actually go with Blue. So, we're going to spraypaint the 'guard and give it a shot. Too bad winters just kicked in, so we may be waiting a while.

Any ideas? Only one we really thought of was possibly checkered white/black.

2. Just put on the black one??

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    That'd be too easy.

Anybody have any suggestions? Otherwise...well, we could always use it as a template for a wood 'guard, as we can probably get access to the school's woodshop...

4. well you can mix n match random
    black purple and blue to make a bruised look to the original Pgaurd

5. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    The black and white checked pattern you mentioned could look really good, but it might remind people of Rick Neilson (guitarist for Cheap Trick). If you think that's cool or you don't care, then go for it. Personally, I think it would look pretty cool.

Depending on the music you play, a splattered mix of everything might look really good too.

6. AGCurry

AGCurry Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2005
    St. Louis
    First choice: W/B/W
    Second choice: Tortoise-shell

7. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    It's not that easy to make a tort pg out of a white one... And if you read the thread, he already ordered a black pg.

8. White pearl just to be funky.

9. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Tort gets my vote

10. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    See?

11. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

yeah baby !!
    bass-16.
    [​IMG]

12. Basso54

Basso54

Jul 22, 2003
    Dalhart, TX
    how 'bout the black pearloid or black tort, whatever it's called. It's kinda black/blue/grey.

13. Next person who suggests something that cannot be spray painted on gets kicked in the shin.

I say hmmm.
    At that expense, try a bunch.

I wish blue and orange and blue and yellow weren't always associated with football teams...

14. OK, I'll take a kicking the shins and say that I think pearloid white would rock.

However, if you fancy some fun, here's what I sugest:

Spray the whole thing in metalic sliver and let it dry. Next, spary it all over with mat black and let that dry. Finally, take some wire wool to it until you have a motled silver/black finish, and maybe finish off with a coat of clear glue or a sheet of clear plastic. I have no idea if this will work but if it does it will look damn sweet.

Best of luck and remeber to post the results.

Cheers

15. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'm suprised there were so many posts for Tort and Pearloid.

and Lord Henry, I'm not sure how well that would work out...hmm.