1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickguard for P/J bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by leothebit, Oct 25, 2013.

1. leothebit

leothebit

Sep 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Where could I get a new pickguard for my P/J bass? Jazz body, P neck pickup... can't seem to find a single place to buy one.

Thank you!

2. Call Warmoth and see if they can make you one.

3. AGH

AGH

Jun 18, 2013
    Long Island NY
    All of the stuff I got for free wore out!
  4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    The P pup cutout is an option on all their J pick guards. I've got two from them with a P pup cutout. Depending on what J you have the mounting holes may not all line up. Read the info on the page where you look at their guards for specifics on what they are drilled for. I think they also offer a download of a template that you can use to see where the mounting holes will need to be for their guard to fit.

5. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    look for a blacktop jazz bass guard.

6. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Beautiful Central, NY
  7. Stone Soup

Stone Soup

Dec 3, 2012
    The pickup is too far forward on the blacktop Jazz. Warmoth can make you one, or you can buy a standard Reggie Hamilton guard that will put the P pickup in the correct place. The custom shop version puts the pickup closer to the neck.

8. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Newbie here. Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this question but it is pick guard related. I just bought a used Fender Precision base in the 3 color sunburst with the tortoise pick guard. Because the pick guard has some cosmetic issues, I'd like to replace it. Besides tortoise and black, what other colors would go with the 3 color sunburst? Cream pearloid? I know tastes are different but that's what makes the world go round. Thanks.