1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickguard for Skyline JO5...?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smooth_bass88, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

I was thinking of getting T-shell guard for my Skyline JO5. There's one on eBay now for $54 plus $8 s&h, that's a lot of bread!! Is there someone that sells this thing for cheaper???

Thanks!!

J.O.

2. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    Well, you probably won't find one that fits cheaper, and the ones you're looking at on ebay are probably Jeannies, which are basically Lakland OEM. Roger makes great stuff. I do know if you're a supporting member of the LOG site, you get a 10% discount (plus a lot of other cool stuff).

3. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Im a LOG member but I missed that, next time for sure. I just recieved a White Pearloid picgard, yeah those you're seeing on ebay are prolly Jeannies ( standard $54+$8). I felt the price was pretty high too, so I went looking elsewhere, no luck, hadda spring for it. My Jobo 5er is 3 tone sunburst, yeah I know most all go with brown tort for this combo. I almost went with red tort or cream pearloid but I've always liked the way the white pearl gards look on the Am Deluxe basses.

It looks good, I may still order a cream or antique white pearl gard from Jeannies and flip the one I don't keep. But yeah, hurts to toss out that much $ on just a cosmetic item that does not effect the bass' tone or function. But I think it looks kinda purty, so it makes me play better. HA! :p

4. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    Before the refin, my JO5 had white pearl....
    lakiepair1.

5. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

Thanks for the info. Probably going to go with the Jeannies on eBay. This JO5 is new to me and I'm loving it. First gig with it next weekend-just enough time to re-string it, set the action and truss rod and maybe that pickguard!