1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickguard for Squire VM Jazz 5

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by prokfrog, Jan 12, 2018.

1. prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Hi folks. Looking to change the pickguard on my VM Jazz 5. Is there anything I need to know about selecting a proper fit? Thanks
  2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

I have a 4 string vm jazz and risked $12 on a black pearl eBay Chinese jazz pg with the same number of holes. A little trimming at the pocket and control plate and it fit. Then had a couple of screws that were just off but I put them in at a slight angle and all was good. Just ordered the one with the right number of holes. Quality was very good.

Can’t say the same for your 5 but $12 is a pretty good risk. The sellers have pics with all the screw distances labeled so you can check how close it’ll be.

Other than that it’s custom made by Pickguardian or WD at 4 times the price
  3. prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    I'll take a look. thanks.
  4. mc900ftj

Jan 21, 2014
    Bought one from this guy on Reverb a few months ago. Good workmanship and perfect fit. He has nothing in his shop at the moment but you may want to contact him.

Neagle Luthier
    prokfrog likes this.
  5. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Mlaval Guitar on Reverb &eBay pgs fit VM5. 1 screw about a mm off. 20180127_020729.