Pickguard options for wine red jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Feb 5, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    i was thinking either:

black pearl

ive got a white one right now, i can get a new one for about £5-£15

5 pounds for black, and 10 for the 2 pearls, and 17 for tortoiseshell

can you guys post some pictures of various pickguards please?
  2. I think black pearl - I'm in a similar position myself at the moment, but my bass is a LPB Moon jazz bass.
    It's hard isn't it to try and imagine what it's going to look like.
    Where are you getting yours from - have you seen those at highlystrung.
  3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    You have the same wiked taste i have, i have a MIM jazz V in midnight wine and after looking at some pictures some white shel or aged white shel is the only color that fits MW.
    There was this thread about a mim jazz modded to BEAD after a famous bassplayer bass called the tractor bass with a MM pickup in the neck position it was pretty cool.
  4. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    yes, thats where i was planning to get mine from.

Hm...tortoiseshell looks very expensive, i think im going for black/black pearl. i found some pics of it. It looks quite nice.

anyway at that price, if it looks ugly il just switch back to my white one
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have a Gibson SG-I guitar that is dark wineburst with a black pearl PG, and it looks great. Another alternative that would look killer is white pearl.
  6. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Midnite wine w/ black guard...
  7. Black Pearl all the way! I mean come on, look at that P/J above me, and just imagine that PG with a black pearl finish to it! S-t-e-l-l-a-r!

[EDIT: I have included a very poorly MS Paint "rendering" of what the bass would look like.]

Attached Files:

8. bluesbasshound

Jan 31, 2006
    very interesting pickguards on JEANNIE PICKGUARDS, TERRAPIN GUITARS, and COLORIFIC... check these site out, there is a vast array of bass style pickguards in pearls, solids, graphics, animal skins, and even tie-dye if you're into more exotic choices.
  9. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I like black on the wine red J's. I don't like perloid at all on anything, and tortoise shell looks best on every other color (well... almost).
  10. I would do black for sure. There's just something sharp about the simplicity of a straight black pg on a wine red jazz that I think looks real nice.
  11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY