Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickguard problems!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by whamonkey, May 9, 2002.

1. Hey all,
    I want to change the pickguard on my USA Fender Jazz V from white to white/black pearloid BUT everywhere I seem to look the selections say "will not fit 5 string models". Where can I buy a replacement? I looked at Warmoth and the have the style I want but I'm waiting for a reply as to the "fit". Any suggestions?

2. !#@$& replacement pickguards.. i changed the pickgiard on my squier to a black one, but had to drill new holes.. coz the pickguards are made for fenders, who have the screws in a different position.. :(

3. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
  4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Ask and yee shall receive.

Chas

5. You guys are the best........thanks for the tip and as soon as I can score the $50, I'll have my white pearl pickguard. Problem solved!

6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've had this problem, too. I changed the pickguard on my MIM Jass, and had to enlarge the pickup hole because the MIM Jazz before this year had bridge sized pickups in both bridge and neck positions (you have to account for this when changing pickups, too), unlike the MIA which has a smaller pickup in the neck position. I also had a MIJ Strat, and the pickguard holes were in different locations from the MIA. It would be really nice if they would use the same for all their models. How hard could that be?

7. Oh, I hear you on that! Believe me, finding anything for the MIA Jazz V is a chore. I love this bass but man oh man is it tricky to get certain things OR the replacement is so expensive! $50 for a silly piece of pearly plastic??????!!!!!!!! CMON!:mad: