1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickguard Replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Col.Crookshanks, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Col.Crookshanks

Col.Crookshanks

Feb 6, 2006
    Hello everyone,

I recently decided to try and fix up my old Peavey Milestone II which is a basic PBass Copy. The pickguard was damaged so I bought a replacement. Screws came out fine but I really cannot figure out how to get the Tone and Volume knobs off so I can completley remove the pickguard. I've tried unscrewing them but it seems to not budge either way I turn and have also tried to just pull them off but that didn't work. The bass is pretty beat up so maybe they are rusted or some such thing. Or it could be something very simple-I'm bad at this kind of stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bass

Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    Canada
    The knobs might have "set screws" holding them to the shaft. Check on the side of the knob for a tiny slotted set screw, and loosen or remove the screw.

The knob just lifts straight up and off the shaft. I use a pair of spoons on either side of the knob as levers.

3. hey where did you find a pickgaurd for that bass? I am looking for one as well for a milestone ii...