Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickguard that doesnt fit...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Minger, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    So I got a pickguard from Kurt at Rondo...and I thought it would fit my SX, (well, I mean thats what you'd expect, right?)

Well, lets see...its not wide enough for the neck to go in the hole and some of the screws don't exactly align, so I'm thinking its just a standard Jazz PG...but anybody got any suggestions? I know someone melted bits of their pickguard to get it to fit, but I don't want to resort to that unless I have to...and I sent an email off to Kurt already.

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Kurt suggested filing it, but I've got no idea on how to do that. Anybody?

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    The thing is, I'd feel kinda bad because I've hassled him enough about it and well, he said it was stock, and if it just wasnt workin out, I could return it - in which I don't want to resort to taht because I love the bass, lol.

I think I'll either file it or get my dad to take out one of his saws (goodness knows he's got enough of them, one of them will work)

But screw placement...hmm. Worst comes to worst I'll just deal with it and try my best with it...

And it was free.