Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by linebacker51, Nov 13, 2002.

1. i was thinking about putting a new pick guard on my bass. my bass is plain red w/ a boring white pick guard. any suggestions welcome.

p.s. its a pv milestone II
    thanks

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm fond of Mirrored p/g's. I have one on my Sadowsky Vintage 4 string & my Schecter Model T.

I've also seen Black Pearloid on red basses that look really hot.

3. i was thinking of a black pickguard or maybe an american flag one. other than pickguards.com are there any good online retailers?

4. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    Another vote for the mirrored ones.

The black would look better than the white one though. I have a purple p-bass and I'm thinking of putting black ones on it.

Makes it look more manly. :D

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

What kind of bass? Fender, Peavy, or Acme?
    If it's a P-Bass, how about gold anodized?

6. I have a 74 P bass and wanted it to look wild so I went to Lowes and bought a brite piece of thin aluminum diamond plate. I had my good buddy cut it and drill it. Man it looks awesome, but i recently switched back to a cheapy plastic one for tone reasons. If you put metal on it watch out it'll be brite!!! If you want to see it check out my web site, I think there are some pics of me with it.

7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I've been trying to figure out the same decision with my white Fender Jazz.