1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickguards for Squier CV and '51 Reissue Precision Basses

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Scott549, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Just did an experiment. I have a sunburst '51 Reissue and a butterscotch Squier CV Precision. The white pickguard from the '51 looks good on the CV, and the black pickguard on the CV looks good on the '51. But they don't match exactly. What is a good source for pickguards for these basses?

2. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Search 'Fender bass pickguard 51' on Ebay ...you can get a variety of colors and prices for '51 P guards ...

...with that said, do you by chance have a way to weigh you Squier CV P? ... I have been considering one, but need to find out how they run for weight ... thanks!!

Edit to add: .. just to clarify, are you looking to sell these or just for a place to find replacements? ... if just replacements, you may have more replies if you post this in the 'Basses' forum ... also, I had a 'Pickguardian' tort made for one of the 51's I had, so that is always an option .. not inexpensive, but good quality .. just an FYI

3. Thanks - I haven't weighed my Squier, but it is much lighter than the '51 reissue. Also lighter than my MIM Precision.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021