Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickguards, pickups, bridges, stuff

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by basstrader, Mar 18, 2004.

1. *edit* more prices lowered - make offers, especially if you want to put together a package. I'd like to move some of this stuff. Also looking for a cast off passive p-bass pickup, condition not important. other trades considered.

Feel free to make offers. Some prices lowered.

PICKGUARDS:
    *Jazz pickguard - WBW, some wear, not bad. *hold*
    *I have a new tortoise Jazz reissue pickguard still in the Fender package. I'd like to trade it for a beat up one and $10.00. I want it for a 'relic' project. A new one just won't do.
    $25.00 for cash sale
    *Also have a P-bass tort pickguard. It's been used very little while on my bass, but the guy I got it from tried to take some of the gloss off of it with steel wool. Same deal here, I want to do a trade for a BWB + $10, condition not so important. It doesn't have to be a real Fender either, as long as it fits a P.
    $25 cash sale
    BRIDGES:
    *Fender bridge - 4 str. chrome, USA?, with screws $12.00
    *4str. bridge, chrome. 7 holes on the baseplate, 5 in a Fender arrangement plus two on the front corners. with screws. $10.00

PICKUPS:
    *Old vintagey looking DiMarzio p-bass pickup. Creme color. It's not mint, but it sounds lovely. this is the one with the brass shielding plate that goes at the bottom of the rout. $35.00
    *Ibanez Active "AFR" p-bass pickup. no screws. $10.00

STUFF:
    *Matched pair of Sovtek NIB tubes. Originally purchased in '93 as a backup set, never installed. $20.00
    *Four 5881/6L6GC tubes. They're not a matched set, but all are Sovtek made. One is branded "Fender". $25.00
    *Jazz style ashtray and neck pickup cover. From an '70s budget jazz copy, they may not have the standard Fender screw hole spacing. Very good condition, I took them off the bass soon after I got it (1977). $15.00
    *Speaker cord. about 25'. $10.00

So let me know what you'd like. Shipping extra, though I'll use the post office so it should be <$5.00. package deals encouraged. Offers considered. I can dig up some pix of some of these items, I'll try to get hold of a camera for the rest.

Much lowness to all,
    BT

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Dude, i'll take the ashtrays off you. I'm pretty local too. I'd also like to buy the brown tort pickguard-hows $35 sound for the trays + guard?

Thanks,
    Scott D.

3. Romeo - check your PM

4. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    still got that wbw j-bass pickgd??? If you still have it on the 26th, i'll get it.

5. Bump in the night . . .

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Hey, what does that distortion pedal sound like? Does it cut low end?

7. It sounds, well, distorted! :eek:

Seriously, it has what I would describe as a metal crunch, and I don't use it much, mostly when I do chords, so I can't really comment on the how much it cuts the low end. It's really a guitar pedal, but for the money how can you go wrong? :)

8. Doin' the weekend bumpski.

Stay Low, BT