Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

picking a new cab help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Apr 18, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    how are avatar speakers? i want the 410 is this a good deal? how much bottom end do these have?
    if not which cab should i get i have about $380
    how about the speaker coned hartke

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Unless you don't want used I would suggest getting the Avatar. Those that have played through them rave how great they are... I'm sure Quadzilla could go on for days how good they are. :p

The Hartke... depends on what one you're talking about. If it's not the XL or Pro series, don't bother. Stear clear of the VX and Transporter series.

3. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I just recently bought an AVATAR B115. I bought it with one thing in mind: the 14-day return policy. I figured I can't go wrong and if I do, then I am only out for the shipping back to Avatar. I won't be needing it though. This thing sounds good. It has a very even tone and response and plenty of low end. Definetly a good deal. I would expect that the B410 would be just as satisfying...if you don't mind the lack of a name brand.