Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Picking or Fingering

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by chunkybeef31, Aug 6, 2002.

1. chunkybeef31

chunkybeef31

Aug 6, 2002
    i dont know whether to use a pick or my fingers. My problem is i really like duff Rose Mckagen and i love his sound. But he uses a pick. I learned to use my fingers. There is no way to get the sound without using a pick. I dont no whether to switch to pick or not. Someone help!!!

2. it's not like you'll suddenly forget how to use your fingers as soon as you pick up a pick...

3. chunkybeef31

chunkybeef31

Aug 6, 2002
    but i wanna no whether to permanetly stay with a pick or use my fingers forever.

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    C'mon now, do you really need someone to take you by the hand and tell you whether or not to use a pick or finger pick forever? You have a brain man use it, What do you think you should do? Im sorry but this is a no brainer type question. That doesnt really need to take up space on the boards here.

BTW, you should fill out your profile so we know a bit about you.

5. I don't think you want to use only one technique forever. You will find out that some songs will sound better if you use a pick, and some song will sound better if you play fingerstyle so it would be very helpful to become proficient at both.