Picking up my Tech21 Bass Driver DI tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rippin' Robin, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Expect a full status report within a week!!!

I'll be testing this thing on an Ibanez SR405 with four amps

(1) Ampeg SVT200T with one SVT15E cabinet

(2) Hartke B20 practice combo

(3) Trace Elliot Commando 15

(4) Ampeg B3 combo

and additionally, I'll try and do some straight-into-my-soundcard (Terratec 128PCI) recordings.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Can you find them easily in the Netherlands?

BTW, if you haven't tried one before, don't be surprised if you use it and think, "So what's the big deal with this? :confused: "

But then try your bass without it and the difference is striking.
  3. rickbass nailed it. that's exactly what happens. it just makes your tone so THICK. to my ears, when i go without, my tone sounds so brittle and honky and, well, like a toy or something, whereas before i thought it sounded great.
  4. Yeah, now I wonder how I ever got by without mine!
  5. This is the only unit for sale that I know of,and it's even second-hand! I'd be surprised if there were more than 5 for sale in the entire country.

The distributer in the Netherlands quit and the distributor of Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg knows nothing about it's availability.
  6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Not that I scour the used gear ads, but I do get around some and I have yet to see one used Driver for sale in the USA........always a sure sign that a piece of gear is a winner.
  7. This is the 2nd unit I see second hand.

It may very well be the very same unit I saw some time ago.. only 100 guilders cheaper.

I have never seen the unit in real life... haha!

It's so *** rare.. just like Moduluses here...
  8. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I never see these things selling used, it's a great box. You won't be disappointed.
  9. j0 Robin.. 2 questions..

1) where did you get it ? ( Ik wil er ook een :) )
    2) you guys play death-metal ( website ) ? let me know when you're on a Gig near 's-Hertogenbosch / Tilburg / Eindhoven.. i'll drop by :)

- adx -
  10. hey allodox.. I got it at Feedback Rotterdam (2e hands, kijk maar eens op www.feedback.nl bij de occasions, ik kwam er heel toevallig langs.)

For gigs, check the website!

11. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I feel blessed.... I bought mine used in a pawn shop for $75 US. It had a sticker on it, and someone had scratched marks to show his favorite settings, but it sounds sweet.