picks like fingers

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by henrya1953, Jan 8, 2006.

1. henrya1953

Jan 4, 2006
    gordon Pa
    I recently posted a question on finger sounding picks,thanks to all the responses I have solved the mystery for now.I was not able to get any wedgie rubber picks at the local gear shop ,they are ordering me some to try.What I did get was 3 felt picks about the size of a large hard pick. At first try it was too thick to get any action and feel ,however it did sound good. My solution I sanded down the edges and thinned the entire pick a little with sandpaper. Then I held it over a small flame just long enough to burn all the frizzies caused by the sanding..I am so impressed with the result i used these felt altered picks at rehearsal and all is very good in my mind . thanks again every one Hank
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Henrya1953, I'm so glad you were able to devise a satisfactory solution to your question. I really like the remedy you found. Maybe you could market your modified felt pick?
  3. ...you could always cut off a guitarists finger who plays to many notes anyway and use it as a pick. That way you'll like his playing more and get what you wanted in a pick...

4. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    That reminds me, I need to order some more of the rubber Wedgie picks I normally use. I'm beginning to get low in my supply. They only last so long as the rubber slowly gets ground away by my strings and then they get a bit too floppy to pick with accurately. lol

I do like the sound of rubber wedgies though. Very warm and not too bright, but still has good attack.

Your felt picks sound interesting. I may have to pick up a few and give that a try also. :)

Good luck and have fun!! :bassist:
  5. Your idea is now copyrighted.
  6. d_squad54

Dec 2, 2005
    Someone already got a patton on it? There are ways around that.