1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

picks like fingers

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by henrya1953, Jan 8, 2006.

1. henrya1953

henrya1953

Jan 4, 2006
    gordon Pa
    I recently posted a question on finger sounding picks,thanks to all the responses I have solved the mystery for now.I was not able to get any wedgie rubber picks at the local gear shop ,they are ordering me some to try.What I did get was 3 felt picks about the size of a large hard pick. At first try it was too thick to get any action and feel ,however it did sound good. My solution I sanded down the edges and thinned the entire pick a little with sandpaper. Then I held it over a small flame just long enough to burn all the frizzies caused by the sanding..I am so impressed with the result i used these felt altered picks at rehearsal and all is very good in my mind . thanks again every one Hank

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Henrya1953, I'm so glad you were able to devise a satisfactory solution to your question. I really like the remedy you found. Maybe you could market your modified felt pick?

3. ...you could always cut off a guitarists finger who plays to many notes anyway and use it as a pick. That way you'll like his playing more and get what you wanted in a pick...
    (sorry)

:rolleyes:

4. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    That reminds me, I need to order some more of the rubber Wedgie picks I normally use. I'm beginning to get low in my supply. They only last so long as the rubber slowly gets ground away by my strings and then they get a bit too floppy to pick with accurately. lol

I do like the sound of rubber wedgies though. Very warm and not too bright, but still has good attack.

Your felt picks sound interesting. I may have to pick up a few and give that a try also. :)

Good luck and have fun!! :bassist:

5. Your idea is now copyrighted.

6. d_squad54

d_squad54

Dec 2, 2005
    Someone already got a patton on it? There are ways around that.