1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pickup and preamp options for my new 6'er?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gkbass13, Sep 27, 2006.

1. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    ok, i a recently bought a korean made tobias 6 string(it was marked down 300 form its usual sellign price and it plays amazing!!! not to mention hwo the walnut body looks...) but yeah, i bought it to hold me over until i can afford a real custom...aka roscoe century or a custom stambaugh. so im planning on tossing in some aftermarket pickups and a preamp...im leanign towards nordstrand dual coils and an addie ob-3 wired for active and passive operation....any thoughts?

any other recomendations? i was also considerign barts and the aggie or possibly tryign teh audhere or demeter pre's....

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

This will be good in pick ups. Nordstrand makes a string pick up , aguilar is a good match for them.

3. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    thanks major....i recently played a passive bass with the nordy duals in it...and also played an active bas with a nordy MM pickup and the aggie ob-3....i was concerned abotu teh price tag on the nordy's....370 for a set of 6 string dual coils, and probabaly another 50 for installation...but i thnk it will b well worth it....i'll have to post some picks of the bass.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021