Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickup Angled???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MetalDave, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Today I finally bought myself a Yamaha Rbx 775 in which I had on layby. And one of the first things i noticed when I got home to play it was that that the Pickup next to the bridge is angeld slightly upwards. Is this ment to be like this or has the guys in the music shop done something wrong???

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    There are many basses with angled p-ups (W Thumb, Ritters, Roscoes, etc)
    I don't know about that model, though. The pics I got from a search look like it has normal parallel p-ups.
    Before we go on: do you mean the p-ups are not parallel to each other and the bridge, or are the p-ups not parallel to the body surface, and are varying distances from the strings? The latter is completely normal.

3. Yeh the pickups are parrallel to one another but the pickup next to bridge is not parrellel to the surface (body) of the bass.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    this is sometimes done to compesate the angle of the strings in high action setups so the coils are parallet to the string, but i dont know how much could this affect the sound.