Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pickup cover that matches the new Fender ‘parchment’ coloured pick guards?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Octave Doctor, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Has anyone seen a pickup cover that matches the new Fender ‘parchment’ coloured pick guards?

2. bpresource

bpresource

Jul 11, 2003
    OHIO
    hi, don't know of anyone making them as of yet. you might try soaking white covers in boiled down coffee. have seen some decent "aged" results from this but it depends on how the plastic "takes" the color. some plastic is impervious to it.

3. tocs100

tocs100 Utah Bass of Doom, Metal DJ @ leafpileradio.com

Sep 16, 2007
    Ogden, UT
    I am the mega zombie resurrector bwa ha!

Seriously, someone must make aged white p & j covers by now (thread is now 10 years old). I just got some cool aged white knobs that look so good......

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    nope, never seen 'em. (although dimarzio makes strat pickup covers in various shades of white, and they happen to make fender bass pickup covers, too; maybe a call to them is in order?)

5. tocs100

Sep 16, 2007
    Ogden, UT
    I suppose one could cannibalize the covers from these $20 Dragonfire pups. Anyone try these pups--any good?

Attached Files:

6. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    Leave it out in the sun for a couple of weeks. They turn yellowish and look natural. works for pickguards too

7. tocs100

Sep 16, 2007
    Ogden, UT
    ^ Thx. See, all 3 of these are better than the black covers, imho. Which one do you like best?

Attached Files:

8. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

I've got the dragonfire pups in a strat...reasonable sound. I'd say they are an excellent value. They come in 3 shades of white depwnding on how yellow you want them to be. I got the 3rd shade, and they are quite yellowed. I'm happy with the appearance though.

9. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Someone makes them, because these are a dead match:

[​IMG]

I got them with a bunch of parts years ago - if I find any others, I'll let you know...

- georgestrings

10. tocs100

Sep 16, 2007
    Ogden, UT
    Thx, awesome. I emailed Kurt at Rondo with the aged-white parts suggestion. I'd hate to have a guard curl/warp/shrink in the sun, or have is stolen...

11. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Try Allparts - they have white and creme colored pup covers for a reasonable price... If the creme ones didn't match closely enough, I'm relatively certain I could "age" some white ones in tea pretty closely - sort of like staining/dyeing...

- georgestrings