1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pickup flatwork material?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by ZoldosCustom, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ZoldosCustom

ZoldosCustom

Nov 27, 2007
    I was just curious if anyone knew where to get large pieces of vulcanized fiber or another material suitable for flatwork. I am trying to get into building my own pups and I don't really want to order 6" x 6" pieces from stewmac. All the places i have found online are manufacturers but not distributors, at least not to the little guy. Any help would be awesome, thanks.
    andy

2. T2W

T2W

Feb 24, 2007
    Montreal, Canada.
    I read about a year ago in a thread here on TB, a member buys it in 4 x 4 feet sheets. I dont remember who it is though but hopefully someone with a better memory remembers. Maybe you can find more info in the pickup forum. Good luck.

3. T2W

T2W

Feb 24, 2007
    Montreal, Canada.
    Ok im pretty sure it was Phil Mailloux, but he's in Australia. Come to think about it, you should write where you are from.

4. you can buy bigger sheets from mcmaster.com for less than stewmac, but they're grey.

5. ZoldosCustom

ZoldosCustom

Nov 27, 2007
    Thanks for all the help, I will definitely check out mcmaster.com. The color doesn't matter to me since they will be getting covers anyway. You guys are always helpful.
    andy