pickup height

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BassRocker8713, Jan 19, 2004.

1. BassRocker8713

Jul 15, 2003
    i just put in my new quarter pounder pickup and its no where near as high as my last pickup, i dont know how to get it any higher. i think it should be higher than it is, it barely comes above the pickguard.
  2. hey i just got a quarter pound p pickup too. was there any foam stuck to the original pickup you replaced it with? mine had some foam glued to it i ripped it off and put it under the quarter pound. if it didnt have anything to rise it just go find some foam or use some toilet paper or cardboard or anything and put it underneat hto rise it
  3. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    i recently took some sticky felt pads, similar to what one would stick on the bottom of the legs of a couch, and i stuck them under my p/u's on my sr505 even though they already had some foam... they're super high now, nearly touch the strings :D

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    Plywood shims might help?
  5. I use cut up mouse pad, layered with double sided tape. i think it's a little stiffer than the original, but it has enough give to give some spring, and if it gets compressed over time, you can just add another layer easily enough.

old mouse pads can be used for so many things on bass. i make a mute by folding a piece in half and shoving it under the strings by the bridge. different size pieces give different amounts of damping.