Pickup help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by paintballjunkie, Nov 9, 2005.

1. paintballjunkie

Jul 27, 2005
    I just got a brice hxb-406 today and I have some questions about the pickups.
    1. Is it normal for a pickup to bounce up and down? I can push them into the body and it springs right back up.
    2. My bridge pickup is a little slanted. The side closest to the neck is higher than the bridge side. It kinda slopes down toward the bridge. Also is it normal for them to rotate back and fourth? If not, what should i have down.
    Sorry if these are stupid questions, I've had my starter bass for WAY too long.
  2. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon Banned

Oct 20, 2004
    OK... I looked up the Brice HXB-406, so I could see what your dealing with. It's got EMG styled soapbars... I use those in my basses.

So.. question 1... why does the pickup bounce up and down? Under the pickup you will probably find some foam rubber. This is holding the pickup up. It's not the best system in the world. Just get some more foam under there, and they will be stiffer.

Question 2... I'm assuming the pickup is leaning so it's not parallel with either the strings or the top? This is partly due to the answer in question 1, and also because these pickups only have two screws to attach them to the bass. I hate that. If they had three, you could adjust the tilt of the pickup. But they don't.

So... adding foam under the pickup should help that problem too!