Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pickup help!!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by manoverboard_21, Apr 7, 2002.

1. i just installed a set of basslines quarter pounders into my jazz.i have tried the rubber things that come with the pickups and ive tried foam and springs.does anyone know and good materials for setting basslines pickups into the bass so you can adjust the pickup height.theyre stuck right now and im really getting fustrated.can someone help please? thanks.

2. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    The rubber tubing is almost useless for bass pickups. You need a good quality foam that doesn't compress too easily. I have found neoprene closed cell foam works good or a rubber based foam weather stripping also works. They non-closed cell poly weather strip doesn't have enough spring back to work well.

Also make sure the pickups aren't hanging up on the pickguard or the body routing.

3. i cut up a mousepad and put 3 layers together with double-sided tape. it works......... i have the same problem, though. i think it's inexactly place screws. if they're not straight (and mine aren't, it's an MIM jazz) the pickup won't slide on the screws properly. it's annoying, but tolerable.