1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickup input please...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JebSmells, Feb 17, 2008.

1. JebSmells

JebSmells

Jul 23, 2007
    UK
    I thought I'd try again and add a bit more information this time...

I've decided to upgrade from my MM Sub4 and get something a bit broader tonally.

I'm buying a Warmoth body and neck (A maple or alder body seems likely)

I would like to fit a J-retro Pre but am confused as to which Pickups to choose for the sound i want to acheive.

I play mainly funk fingerstyle and slap and would like to achieve a "hifi" tone or something similar if possible, along the lines of Marcus Miller or Mark King and was wondering what pickup choices you guys would reccomend looking at?

I'm bassically (if you'll excuse the pun) buying a completely new rig including amp and want to try and get it right, but none of the guitar shops by me stock much Bass gear (typical) so i don't get much chance to try stuff out

No price is too high or low as far as pickups go so suggest what ever you think might do the job,

Thanks very much

J