1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickup noise - danelectro DC Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ronnelamir1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ronnelamir1

ronnelamir1

Mar 14, 2010
    I am recording some new songs and my danelectro dc bass make this annoying voice .The bass is plugged to an m audio 8r fast track (directly) which is new and is not the problem , it's not the cable because I tried a few different ones .When i touch the pickups or the cable with my finger it's stops(the noise ) so I tried putting some sticky paper on the pickups and it didn't help .I also tried adjusting the pickups height which didn't work

What should i do ? thanks

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    if the noise also goes away when touching the strings it's normal.

if it doesn't, you need to get the bridge ground fixed.

3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    The bass has single coil pickups, and single coils pick up hum and noise.

Just try to turn your body in a direction that gets the least noise.

4. ronnelamir1

ronnelamir1

Mar 14, 2010
    Hi thanks for replaying but it still doesn't work .When I touch the strings the noise doesn't stops ,and when I move my body with the guitar nothing happens ,is there anything else I can do ? , only when I use the knobs and turn the treble a bit lower it helps but I still can't get the regular " organic " tone i like about this bass

Thanks

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    if the noise goes away when touching the knobs or the jack, but doesn't go away when touching the strings, you need to get the bridge ground fixed. (the strings and all metal parts should be connected together, and connected to ground).

you can get by with a wire or guitar string tied around part of the bridge then tied around the metal cable plug.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020