Pickup on an SX Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by r6mile, Mar 12, 2006.

1. I am a complete noob in basses so I have absolutely no idea. How are the pickups on an SX J-Bass compared to others? Would it be worth changing them?
  2. draginon

Oct 4, 2004
    they are fine as is
  3. Actually,

I think the pups on the SX basses sound very very good.

When I had my SX, I was very happy with their sound, and totally content to leave them in and enjoy it.

Would it be worth changing them?

That's up to you. If you like the sound, I should think it wouldn't be worth changing them, but if you have something different in mind, you might get some satisfaction out of a swap.

Thats the thing with tone... ;) It's very personal. What sounds great to me might not be what you're looking for :D
  4. Ok thanks, so I better leave them.
  5. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Isn't this about the 3rd topic about this? Check out the SX megathread, do a search, look around. You'll find your answer that way.
  6. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    the SX bases are great for the money, no doubt.

i live near RONDOS and try slew of the floor basses now and again.

one gripe is that, while the pups sound good (fine, ok, good, whatver) MANY of them are highly mircophonic. tap them, tap the bass, and you hear it.

no good.

i repotted mine in less htan 40- minutes with minimal effort. very very easy to do. do a search.

i also replaced them with expensive EMG's. next time, i woudl jsut do the repot and leave well enough alone.

my advice is to do just that, and leave it at that .