1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickup order on a precision

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cartentoya, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Cartentoya

Cartentoya

Jan 9, 2018
    Just want to know it the pickup order on a precision matters in any way. I just bought a Fender classic 50 with Seymour Duncan SPB1 on it and the letters on the pickup are above as opposite as I see regularly below.

regards,

Attached Files:

2. There is no "order." Both coils are wound the same, so no one bothers to make any distinction between them unless there are staggered poles.

Zoobiedood and makaspar like this.
  3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Not true, one is reverse wound with the magnetic poles reversed from the other so that together they are humbucking - but it is true that it doesn't matter which is where.

4. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Has anyone ever tried winding the D-G side a bit hotter to make up for its inherently weaker signal due to being closer to the bridge?

5. I meant in regards to the winding pattern, number of windings, and pole piece specs.

6. You could do that, but why not just set the two coils at different heights by adjusting the screws?

Slater likes this.
  7. If you are worried those pickup covers can be switched over off the pickups. NO PROBLEM HERE.

Laurence