Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pickup problem {pics included}

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by clanner, May 2, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I recently bought a byamaha BB200F fretless bass, and I am haveing trouble with the wiring , I replaced the stock pick-ups and pots with bassline pick-ups and new pots,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois

And the problem here is what my good man? Nice pics though, I gotta say I'm impressed, I can never get good quality small area shots like that.

3. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    use the macro function (M icon or a little flower) without a flash then you should be able to get in close enough.

4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    You said you replaced the pickups, plural, but you only have the positive and negative wires for one pickup visible in those photos.

So I assume you have one pickup and want to wire it with volume and tone? You don't have a capacitor, so there is no tone control there. You also have a rats nest of wire including at least one wire that looks like its insulation is all melted (the red one between the pots).

Check out the fender wiring schematics at www.mrgearhead.com.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, you need to be more specific with what the problem is. As part of that, tell us what you're trying to do - vol/vol or master vol/tone?

Also, as Lyle said, I only see wires for one pickup.

6. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    sorry, it is a p bass pick-up, and apassive, I took it into guitar center because I couldn't figure out what to do, so I can get it thursday, but qfter I soddered everything the way the schematics showed and plugged it into an amp, I only got noise, and it sounded like the grouning was a little screwed up.