1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickup problem with Ibanez

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SIckboy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. SIckboy

SIckboy

Sep 25, 2008
    Hello, I'm new here :D

And my question is this... I have an Ibanez RB800 that I love... I've owned it since 1994 when I bought it used.

I love the sound and the feel of the neck... but in the last couple of years the pickups seem to have gotten tired.
    I'm pretty sure it's a polarity problem but I'd just like a second opinion.

Whenever I hit the body of the bass, even lightly tap it with my finger I can hear it in my amp.

I know I should change the pickups and probably the pre-amp (either, or, both?) , but I don't really want to. I like it the way it is.

Any ideas on what I could do to fix it?

thanks in advance!

2. SIckboy

SIckboy

Sep 25, 2008
    bump?

3. It looks like the wire bobbins of your pickup became sloppy. Try too find a pickup master in your area, it's easy procedure to rewire a pickup: you won't even lose your tone because the wire will be the same. Also you can wax seal the pickup to eleminate such noizes. Good luck!

4. SIckboy

SIckboy

Sep 25, 2008
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot :D
    Hopefully that's all it needs...