1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickup Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I have an Ibanez K5 and want to change the pickups to EMG 40DC in the neck and 40CS in the bridge.Also change out the EQ to the BQC SYSTEM, what do you think? Please give me some feed back. thanks:) How do EMGs sound in a Ibanez?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I play Ibanez basses and I have EMG actives including 40DC's and I've had the BQC control. Active EMG's sound more alike moved from bass to bass than any other pickup I've experienced - even alnico MM's. In my experience basses from the same maker will vary as much acoustically as between manufacturers. Any pup including EMG's will pickup acoustic properties of the bass - they'll sound brighter in a brighter bass and darker in a darker bass - all else equal.

Regardless, you could do worse than EMG's. They'll be quiet and put out a solid useable tone - whether it's what you want or not you'll know when it's done.