1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickup screws stuck... what do?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Awkwardturtle!, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Awkwardturtle!

Awkwardturtle!

Aug 4, 2010
    Title says it all. has anyone had this problem if so how do you remedy it

2. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Back the screw off as far as you can using a flathead screwdriver if a Phillips won't work, then grasp the head with a pliers and twist counter-clockwise.

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Last time I ran across stripped pup height screw head I found it easier to use the pliers sideways at first. Though that only allowed for very small turn each time. Once I got it loosened a bit was able to switch to pliers applied from above. Needle nose pliers might be easier to use to. Try very gently wiggling the screw then slowly and carefully try to unscrew it.

4. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    If the head of the screw breaks or twists off, then you can buy one of those nifty extractor bits for any normal drill. ;)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021