1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickup spacing

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by superqwertyboy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. superqwertyboy

superqwertyboy

Mar 14, 2007
    new york
    Hi, I'm the guy with fake Buzzard build... I've settled on a Bart MMC in the bridge position, and a Jason Loller single coil up by the neck. I want the bridge pickup exactly the distance from the bridge as a 1 pickup MM Stingray. Is there a formula to determine the best spot for the single coil in the neck position?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Fender's formulae is 27 7/8" from nut to pup CC.

3. superqwertyboy

superqwertyboy

Mar 14, 2007
    new york
    TY :) ...I was measuring from the bridge, now I can measure other instruments I like

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Technically it's supposed to be from the nut but I prefer from the 12th fret actually cause it's a lot easier to measure. The Fender figure was from the Berkeley School of Music so it's from the nut.

If you look at the saddles on any bass bridge you'll see one reason why you don't measure from the bridge.

5. superqwertyboy

superqwertyboy

Mar 14, 2007
    new york
    That's why I posted the question... Because I was too stupid to just measure it from the nut, and sat here thinking "How the f*&# am I suposed to measure it from the bridge":eyebrow: