Pickup specs please help me out here

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Goretopsy, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok problem, i got a pretty new dean razor ntb 5 string bass but the pickups are nowhere near hot/loud enough for my tastes. (with eq boosted all the way it still doesnt touch my other basses no eq used) i think its just the dean has weak magnets on it. so my dilema is minus bartolini no websites have decent specs for their pickups (i would like little or preferably no routing) so if anyone has the specs to any of the following pickups/brands if you could help me out I would be hugely apreciative.

Seymour Duncan Basslines: Active 5 string Jazz neck/bridge, or the Passive 5 string Jazz neck/bridge either the 67/70 or the 70/74's

Bartolini: 5 string jazz active or passive I just need to know the space in between the screws i have the outer case dimensions.

Dimarzio: Ultra Jazz 5 neck/bridge

So if anyone has anything like these in thier basses please if you have time and a ruler could you give me a quick spec.
    Thank you very much

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Problem is, there's no set standard for 5 string jazz bass pickups.

Some have two at bridge length (3.75"), like the DiMarzio UJ 5's

Bartolini do 5 string J sets in various size combinations.

Measure your existing pickups, then go to http://www.bestbassgear.com and look at the selection there to find selections that match your existing routes.