Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickup switch (not on/off)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tallguybcs, Jul 29, 2000.

1. i have a MIM jazz and wanted to install (i mean, pay someone to install) a 3 way toggle switch so the pickups can be parellel/series/single coil. How much would this cost, and would it be possible for an idiot like me to install it myself?

Oh, and would it sound good (i know its subjective, but i want opinions)

2. i dotn know how much all of that would cost, but, i know that if you dotn use your "tone" knob often, then you could just take that out, and put in the troggle switch there. and if you were to do it yourself you'd probly have to be an experianced sodderer

3. i dunno, i use the tone often to go from bright to muddy a lot in songs. But it would be very pricy to have him dig a hole for the toggle switch though (like on a strat)

I was thinking about it, and i wouldnt be able to do it, cause im so stupid i would f*** up my perfectly good bass (and it is really good for a MIM)