Pickup truck + Rack + Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 2, 2004.

1. I have an ampeg 420 hlf and a 12 space road ready rack case. the rack is filled with goodies. for the time being i have a pickup truck. When I go to gigs/pracitces I put both of them in the bed (given it isn't raining) the bed doens't have a rug or anything, so it's just resting on the metal...would that damage anything over time? the cab has rubber feet that it lays down on, but the rack has nothing.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You may want to tie it down so that it doesn't slide all over the place.
  3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I suspect that your truck bed will get scratched over time. Will it hurt the amp? Probably not. If you are worried, you can always throw an old piece of carpet in the bed.
  4. I don't know if you will damage your gear but I have a suggestion just in case. Go find some free pallettes (skids) and put your gear on them. Skids are plentiful in New England anyway. Just go to any shop in your area and ask them for some. They are all to happy to give them away.
  5. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I'd definately ask first, I work in a grocery store, and if management catches you stealing pallets, they'll prosecute to the fullest.
  6. Yeah, I used to work in a grocery store. They were SUPER anal about their pallets for whatever reason. As long as it won't get damaged by hauling it in the truck, I think I'm good, that was just my main concern. It doesn't move at all, I bungee it between the casters and handles and blahblah.