1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickup upgrades for BTB basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zapp, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    Hey guys I read several threads hear about people on replacing pick ups in several models of Ibanez BTB basis. I’m looking at a relatively inexpensive perfect condition BTB 405FM or it may be a BTB305FM. For little difference it looks like I could get the BTB575 or 675 or one of the others. I’m thinking of putting good quality Bartolini pick ups in one or the other of these. What I cannot figure out is which Barts are plug-and-play on which of these basses? What I read here and elsewhere was that some of the models like the 405 or 305 have an unusually sized Ibanez DFR pick up and one would have to rout the cavity to drop the Bartolini pick ups in there? that becomes an issue ...

So pls enlighten me. I’m sure some of you have been thru this

2. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    get the 575 or 675 if possible... These two came with the Bartolini MK2 / BH1 pickups which now have USA Bartolini H65 pickups as direct replacements. So, no routing cavities are needed.