Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickups for Epiphone EB-0 / Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by x4x, Jul 12, 2004.

1. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    i'm looking for pickups for the Epiphone EB-O and the Epiphone Thunderbird IV

any suggestions, websites, possibilities?

i'm looking for a pick-up with more growl and high(er) output

2. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

there are a couple of eb-0 options. i've heard dimarzio has one at least...maybe some of the other bigger brands do to...i.e.-bartolini, emg, seymour duncan.

as far as the thunderbird, you can get gibson pickups available at MF for about $80 each, or emg makes one that fits.

3. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    i'll probably buy a epi eb-O or eb-3

but i heard the sound isn't that good.

I checked the dimarzio ones, might work, but a silver humbucker styled like the original one would be better (visualy speaking)

the other brands apparently don't carry eb-0 pickups

any other ideas anyone?

4. jim primate

well, if you're going throught the cost of an eb0 or eb3, then why not have one built. warmoth has the bodies, necks and headstock shapes. it'll cost as much as a new eb3. and have any pickup configuration you want.

5. jim primate

or buy an eb3 and have lindy fralin rewind it for you, to your spec's.

6. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Actually, EMG and Gibson p/us DO NOT fit into the Epiphone Thunderbird IV. You can route the bass to accept either of these, but I ran into this problem when my Epi T-Bird p/u went bad. I could find NO manufacturer that made a pickup that matched the Epi T-bird pickups, they are smaller in both width and height from all the Gibson, EMG, Bartolini, et. al.