Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pickups for fivestring with adjustable pole pieces?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ingemar, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Is there any bass pickups for fivestring with adjustable pole pieces?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Dimarzio's are the only bass pups I've run across with adjustable pole pieces but don't know if they make 5's.

3. good answer.

I would add that I know of some pickups for five string basses but I am not sure if they have adjustable pole pieces.

:scowl:

4. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Is there anyone who knows if G&L L2500 bass pups are avaliable as "replacement" pups (ie could be bought separatly)
    I think they have adjustable pole pieces

I think Washburn rb 2500 came with adjustable pole pieces pups to

5. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Ken Smith humbuckers

6. Why do you need adjustable poles?

7. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
  8. Try some Thomastik-Infeld strings while you are looking. these are at odd tensions for each string and are designed for equal balance and output. Strings are strings are strings. But Thomastik's claims are usually dead accurate and not marketing hype.

There's is a lot of output on my B string but it is relative to what speaker it is plugged into. I simply compensate automatically while playing rather than worry about pole heights. But obviously, you would have tried that by now. good luck on you search.