1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickups from Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by eastcoasteddie, Apr 5, 2009.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    these are the stock single-coil Squier pickups that came out of a Deluxe Active Jazz V. Using a small metal object, I can feel that there is a single blade under the plastic cover, no individual poles. Neck pickup has red wire, bridge pickup has green wire.

Neck pickup ohm value is 7.36 k-Ohm
    Bridge pickup ohm value is 7.46 k-Ohm
    (I measured between Hot and Ground wires)

Measurements are:
    3.625" x 0.762"
    .729" tall

I'd say they are pretty much the same size as the Seymour Duncan AJJ-1 pro-Active pickups:
    [​IMG]
    Mounting screw width is about 1.570" on center of the screw holes.

Both pickups are the same dimensions, no difference in widths as in Standard Jazz pickups.
    They are probably the same as these:
    http://www.pinupmusicparts.com/product.cgi?group=12329&product=12353
    or something of the like, no name on them.

I'll take $35 shipped CONUS for them (BOTH), will ship international via US Postal Service (depending on the country (UK, AUS...), usually costs $12.95 for 6-10 days)
    8 black mounting screws included
    DSC_6054.

DSC_6090.

2. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    bop

3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    yeah

4. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I did some research with pickup sizing and all, these pickups are the same width as 4-string Jazz NECK pickups. The mount hole spacing is the same as 4-string Jazz BRIDGE pickups

4-string bridge dimensions:
    [​IMG]

4-string neck dimensions:
    [​IMG]

comparing to these Squier pickups:
    3.625 wide, 1.570 mount holes on center.

so I think if you have a 4-string project going one and want to try some inexpensive pickups for whatever reason, you can most likely use these with minimal modification to the pickups, like elongating the mount holes to accomodate either neck or bridge position..or it may not be too much of an issue...