1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickups FS: Raised-A Precision ('57 RI) & DiMarzio Ultra Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Jefenator, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    First up is the Raised-A Precision pickup. The origin is a mystery. I pulled this off my '78 P but it's most likely from a '57 reissue from the '80s or '90s.

For some mysterious reason, the response from the A string is much hotter. But I was able to get relatively even sting response by raising the E side and lowering the A as much as I could.

Frankly, I find the Lindy Fralins I put in to be thicker and more pleasing for tone. But this one still sounds OK. Can't have been too bad - the bass has been my main "keeper" and go-to axe for recording for some years.

There is some varnish on the pole piece - no idea what that's about. The black lead has been spliced, about 2 inches away from the coil. That's how it came to me & it's never been a problem.

That's about all I know on this. Covers are included. Mounting screws & foam are NOT included. How about $40, shipped to the lower 48?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    And now the DiMarzio DP149 Ultra-Jazz set (DP147+DP148 or bridge + neck)

[​IMG]

These come from a relatively recent Nash J-bass. They've seen a few dozen gigs & they have a bit of cosmetic wear. They sound quite delicious if I do say so - very sharp, deep and "modern". They look old-school but they have ceramic magnets underneath. Awesome if you're in to the "scoop" sound and dislike hum. (Alas I prefer the more raw, aggressive nature of single-coils.)

Beware: DiMarzios are somewhat physically deeper than conventional Jazz Bass pickups. Thinner foam may suffice, but it might be necessary to deepen the pickup routs slightly in some basses.

How about $60, shipped lower 48?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reasonable trades and offers considered on either set.

3. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    How about $30 shipped ConUS for the Raised-A P

... and $50 shipped ConUS for the Ultra-Jazz?

Talk to me! :)

4. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    PM sent

5. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    '57 RI is SOLD
    Ultra-Jazz pending payment.