Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pickups in a used Ibanez SR3000 - made by Bartolini, or not?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by We Got Da Funk, Dec 6, 2002.

1. We Got Da Funk

We Got Da Funk

Dec 6, 2002
    Looking at buying a used Ibanez SR3000ESOL via mail, and trying to figure out if the pickups in this bass are made by Bartolini or by Ibanez. This bass is likely either a 2001 or 2002 model, but neither I nor the seller know which. According to this press release, Ibanez switched to the Bartolinis for the 2002 model year. I have attached a picture, hoping that the experts here might be able to tell which type of pickup they are. The serial # on this bass is 52361. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    yeah dude, those are bartolini. i just went to samash and played the sr3005, and loved it, and just bought on musiciansfriend.com. but on that model year (which, i don't know) it said bartolini on the pickups. and if you go to www.ibanez.com/basses and click on the sr4. http://www.ibanez.com/sr4 and there it says. bartolini custom pickups. i love this bass man, over anything elsez...

3. We Got Da Funk

We Got Da Funk

Dec 6, 2002
    Well right now it's looking like this bass doesn't have the Barts; I have found pictures and descriptions on web sites for the 2001 model that mention Ibanez PUs but have the newer bridge(s), logo, everything else, pickups look identical from a distance. The seller says the pickups say Ibanez on them. At least one person has confirmed that the PUs on his 2002 SR3005 have the Bart logo on them. My question now, is are the Barts really that much of an improvement? I've never owned a bass with them but of course they seem to be the PUs of choice, everyone raves about them. The price would be in the mid-$600 range, incl. shipping, bass in new/mint condition- is this a good deal, even w/o Barts?

4. We Got Da Funk

We Got Da Funk

Dec 6, 2002
    Sorry, my first post was misleading, the model for sale is an SR3000SOL, not SR3000ESOL. Longer thread on this here, FWIW. Thanks for the reply, Obsolex!

5. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    IMO, that's an awsome deal. Those basses are nice.

6. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    Here's a scan from the 2001 catalog.

I also have a SR3005. I think it's a 2001. Mine has Ibanez pickups on it and the 2001 is the only one that had Ibanez pickups.

I still haven't quite figured out the s/n dating on these basses. They don't match Ibanez's typical s/n dating.

7. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    Here's the four string page.

8. wmlipe

wmlipe

May 31, 2012
    SR3000ESOL is a 2004 model year

9. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Considering the last post was made in '02, I doubt that they knew that.