1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickups in the Yamaha BB605?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jaydin Nathan, Sep 30, 2008.

1. I just purchased a used Yamaha BB605 from a member here on TB, and haven't heard the best things about the electronics. I already have an Aguilar OBP-3 that I want to install in it, but I need to choose pickups, and don't have any experience with the different brands.
    I play in a Jazz-Funk band, and am starting an original Primus style band next year. The tone I go for is basically a slightly warm, punchy, clear sound, with a tight low-end. and it must have a good slap/tap sound.
    All help is greatly appreciated. If you are unfamiliar with the Yamaha BB605, this link might help - http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA...CTID%253D224200%2526CNTYP%253DPRODUCT,00.html

Thank you,

Jaydin

2. Bump...anyone? :eyebrow:

3. Bass_Xtremist89

Bass_Xtremist89

Oct 29, 2006
    I have one of these basses and the preamp is insane. One of the best around. Loads of output and really growly midrange. im never changing mine!

4. I'm thinking about the Delano JC 5 HE pickups, from BestBassGear. The description seems almost exactly what I want, but my guitarist reckons that hum-cancelling pickups sound 'fake.'
    Has anybody had any experience pairing these with an Aguilar OBP system? Also, I've heard Bartolini+Aguilar make a great combination, would Bartolini achieve my tone goals?
    Sorry if the questions are kind of subjective, but I haven't had much experience and am just beginning to be able to hear tonal characteristics, so I can only base my research off descriptions so far :meh:

Jaydin