Pickups on Washburn Taurus....who's replaced them?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dave120, Sep 5, 2005.

1. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Well I've been toying around with my Taurus for a while now and just can't seem to get the type of sounds I'm looking for from the stock pickups. It actually sounds pretty good for dropped D rock songs, which is mainly what I play anyways, but it's somewhat lacking in the punchiness in other tuning. I'm thinking I might want to repalce them with some SD Hot Stack Jazz pickups.

Problem: From what I've read and now seen for myself, the pickups in this bass are quite a bit wider than your standard Jazz pickups. Seeing as there's no pickguard here, it would leave gaping holes in the extra routing. I'm wondering if the stock pickups can be easily removed and the new pickups put in the wider covers? I haven't taken it apart yet since it's my primary bass right now so I wanted to see if anybody has successfully changed pickups out in these things.
  2. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Nobody's done this? I guess I might have to experiment a little
  3. brandonsbass

Jun 25, 2006
    Yay, we're both stuck with the same problem. I'd much rather solve this issue than buy a new bass to get the tone I want... or would I.
  4. vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    i also remember someone telling me that the fender noiseless pick ups are the only ones that fit. i dunno fi that's true though or if he was just sales talking me sionce we only talked to the phone and i never really went to check out the pups.