Pickups, preamp, knobs

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by basstrader, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Still have the Ibanez PJs left. Make me an offer!

Basslines vintage jazz set - excellent condition, **ON HOLD***.

Ibanez AFR active PJ set. from an older Ibanez, they are working fine. $20 shipped.

Preamp from a Spector NS2a - Vol, Vol, Treble Bass. controls in diamond pattern mounted on a circuit board. pics available. ***SOLD***.

bunch of knobs - 3 dome brass, 3 dome satin chrome (hipshot), 2 Les Paul knobs. ***ON HOLD***
  2. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    IS the vintage jazz a set or bridge/neck?
  3. I'm very interested in the Spector preamp. Can you email me or post a pic of it? Do you know the manufacturer? Thanks! Paypal or moneyorder?
  4. darkspec: The Jazz is a standard Jazz set, neck and bridge.

hawk, I'm out of town and doing this remotely, I don't have the pics uploaded. I'll get them to you when I get back (Sat. night or Sunday). The circuit board is about 6"x3" but cut into the shape of a control cavity. It says "SD" on it, perhaps Spector Design, and the bass it's out of is Korean.
  5. Preamp has been sold. Knobs probably are sold.

6. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    shouldnt the pickups say basslines on them?
  7. No, I don't think so. I've had a couple of sets of these, and neither had a logo. Since they are "vintage" they have a vintage look. no logo, and the wire is cloth insulated. Just like the good-ole-days I guess.

Update: After a quick peek at the Basslines web site, I see the current model has a logo. I am not sure of the age of these pickups, but they aren't new. I do trust the guy I bought them from and like I said, it looks just like another set that I sold a few months ago. Could be the Seymour Duncan Antiquities I guess.

Historical note (lol) These pickups were owned by Lalo Garcia, the bassist now touring with Chuck Berry!
  8. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Thosse pickups are very tempting, If you still have them around X-Mas, ill take them off your hands. So i guess they are up for grabs till then.